The climate crisis threatens to destroy everything we know and hold dear by fueling an increase in more destructive climate catastrophes like rising sea levels, hurricanes, and uncontrollable wildfires. In addition, communities of color, low-income communities, and tribal communitiesâ€” also known as frontline communitiesâ€”are experiencing the worst impacts of climate change.
Young people care about the climate crisis. We know that our generations are going to be the most impacted by its devastating effects if urgent action isnâ€™t taken quickly. The costâ€”in dollars, lives, and resourcesâ€”of climate inaction far outpaces the cost of taking action now. As of July 9, 2021, National Centers for Environmental Information reportsÂ that the costs of extreme weather and natural disasters have cost the U.S. over $8B. It is critical that Congress invest in mitigation and prevention now to deliver on the commitments made in President Bidenâ€™s Build Back Better agenda and protect our futures.
Use the buttons below to learn more about the climate crisis and the many issues that intersect with it, and then take action by using our tool to email your elected representatives and demand they take bold action to solve the climate crisis.Â
Interested in learning even more? Check out these additional resources from the Generation Progress team:
- The Leslie Marshall Show: Earth Day and the Fight For Environmental Justice
- The Leslie Marshall Show: Getting Out The Facts On Climate Denial
- The Leslie Marshall Show: Wildfiresâ€”Climate Change + Criminal Justice Reform
- Weathering the Storm: How Companies Profit off of Natural Disasters and Young Peopleâ€™s Economic Instability
- Yes, You Can Protect The Economy And The Planet