The It’s On Us Student Advisory Committee will serve as a way forÂ exemplary student leaders to takeÂ a larger role in bringing the It’s On Us message to campus and communities across the country. TheseÂ 10-15 students willÂ serve as our student thought leaders. They will have the opportunity to help us shape our national and local strategy, as well as play an integral role in activating new students on campuses. We will provide them with media training and leadership development.
This application is now closed.
The Itâ€™s On Us campaign seeks qualified candidates who are interested in being a part of our team, can effectively manage the challenges of a national campaign, and collaborate with traditional and non-traditional allies on their campus and in their community. Student Advisors must share our commitment to support survivors and build a movement that empowers everyone to step up to end campus sexual assault. We are looking for self-motivated, energetic leaders from across the country who are ready to bring a unique perspective to the campaign and to recruit others to join the Itâ€™s On Us movement.
Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of the following:
- Dedicate an average of 10 hours per week to the campaign
- Participate in all IOU monthly campaign calls
- Engage students and other community members in the IOU campaign
- Lead a team of active student leaders on your campus
- Host two events throughout the fall 2015 semester and two events during the spring 2016 semester
- Participate in and promote monthly online engagement actions through the campaign (Twitter town halls, Instagram photo campaigns, etc.)
Further, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to lead grassroots activities (organize at least two events per semester)
- Ability to take direction while working independently
- Respect for deadlines and punctuality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience with issue advocacy and activism
- Ability to build out a sustainable Itâ€™s On Us team for the year of 2015-2016
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Itâ€™s On Us campaign
The application period has CLOSED. Please check back next year for updated information.