Action Network Eligibility
Organizations in the Action Network should meet the following requirements:
- Organizations should be youth- or student-led and must be working on specific issue campaigns or long-term projects to build the progressive movement on a campus or within a community.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to work with organizations outside of the United States at this time.
- Grants received by organizations are to be used in accordance with the purposes of a non-profit educational 501(c)(3) organization only, which can include campaigns on ballot initiatives, legislation, changing school policies, etc., but never partisan or electoral candidate activities.
- Grants willnot go to general organizational funding, charitable works, service projects, or specific events.
- Grants cannot be used on salaries, stipends, rent, or equipment (equipment that will be used as tools for advocacy may be an exception).
- We want to devote our resources to under-resourced areas that don’t have other potential sources of national support. Therefore, the Action Network very rarely includes groups that are chapters of other national, state, or regional organizations, especially if students do not lead those organizations. We do occasionally make exceptions, so let us know of any extenuating circumstances that we should be aware of when making our decision.